publications & projects
- "A Teacher's Guide to Rerouting the Pipeline." Teaching Tolerance. Spring 2013.
- Reframing Discipline and Reducing School Push Out
- What We Can Learn about Classroom Management from "Warm Demanders"
- The Walls Teach: Why Classroom and School Aesthetics Matter
(click for descriptions)
pedagogy & philosophy
- School climate is based on relationships.
- Every student deserves to feel welcomed in their school.
- Students watch adults and take cues for how to behave from the examples set for them.
- All student behavior is a code. An educator's job is to crack it.
- Cultivating a positive school climate requires intentional work around diversity and equity.
areas of interest
school culture; bullying and bias; responsive discipline; reducing school push-out; engaging student voice in school improvement; classroom management; intervention techniques; restorative justice; trauma informed approaches; youth engagement; PBIS